MiniConsole+ Mapper software
Current stable version 1
- Download the windows based KADE miniConsole+ Mapper software: Macintosh or Windows
- Run the setup program to start the setup wizard and follow the onscreen instructions.
- We recommend that you accept all of the default installation locations.
Beta completely rewritten version 2 with additional modded xBox out features
There are versions for Windows, Mac OS (10.11 & 10.12 tested)and Linux (Ubuntu 64-bit, might work with other 64-bit Linux flavors too). Windows users will be required to install a device driver in order to get firmware flashing working. The driver can be found inside the “programmer\win\driver” folder.
Linux users will be required to copy the 50-atmel-dfu.rules udev rules file to /etc/udev/rules.d in order to give normal users access to the device in programming mode: sudo cp 50-atmel-dfu.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
Using the Mapper software for custom output
The mapper software allows you to choose:
for a given Input System type (controller or arcade)
I would like the Input As [choice] that controller
to Output As [choice]
for a given Output System.
You can customize the mapping for any given input to be something different for any give output. USB mapping can be very different than xBox or wii if you want. Your NES and SNES can be mapped very differently for the same output if you choose.
When you are done mapping your custom input output combinations, use the toolbar
- Save- save your configuration
- Reset- put mapper back to default settings
- Import- load an exported setting
- Export- save a file for importing later or sharing
- Flash- flash current mapping to miniConsole+ (in flash mode- more down the page)
- Pad test- check to see what the buttons do on your computer (mac version needs to be closed and restarted quite often)
- Config- set advanced configuration options like expansion type and analog tuning
To put your miniConsole+ into flash mode, plug in the flash dongle prior to connecting the USB to your computer.
If you get stuck here, make sure the dongle is connected all the way and unplug/ plug in the USB cable